Peter Pappas is a University of Portland-based educator, writer and instructional designer exploring frontiers of teaching, jazz, Macs, film, great books, and garlic. Pandemic project: learning to juggle.
- Take a Closer Look – Close Reading Historical ImagesAfter guiding students in how to use historical archives to find public domain images, here are two activities they can use to support a close reading. […]
- How to Run an EdCamp via ZoomHere's how I ran an edcamp using Zoom and Google sites. Includes steps, resources and feedback. […]
- Close Reading Historical DocumentsHere's how I used Primary Source Icebreakers with Padlet to create an online activity in Close reading of historical documents […]
- Socratic Seminar for the Covid ClassroomHere's my PBL Socratic seminar model that decreases classroom density into small staggered in-school seminars and full size virtual classes. […]
- Teaching Historical Thinking SkillsHere's how I taught historical thinking skills online. Students used Google Forms to create an interactive exploration of an historical image. […]